Any classroom teacher that has attended an Illinois Association of Aggregate Producers’ Rocks, Minerals & Mining Teachers Workshop and has not previously received this grant may apply. Only one application per school will be considered annually; two or more teachers may submit a single application.
The completed application shall be submitted electronically to the IAAP. Application Deadline: June 15th.
Merit Review Process
Proposals will be reviewed with consideration to:
1) How will this activity enhance student learning?
2) How will this activity promote earth science, the aggregate mining industry, mined land reclamation, resource sustainability, or resource stewardship?
3) How realistic is the budget?
4) How achievable is the activity?
5) How likely is it that the activity or teaching supplies will be utilized year after year?
Grant recipient(s) will be notified by the end of July.
The grantee shall submit a report on the supported activity by June 30th of the following year. The report should include pictures, description and outcomes of the activity and a PowerPoint presentation that could be shown at the following Teachers Workshop.
Examples of awarded grants
Members of the Illinois Association of Aggregate Producers are building Illinois' future.
You may use this website to discover how we are doing this and to join us in the effort.